Certified in Logistics, Transportation Distribution (CLTD) program is
an industry educational and certification program created to meet the rapidly changing
needs of the Logistics management field.
Click Here -
For more specific information on the CLTD Program,
Class Dates and Times, Pricing, or to access the Online Sign-up/Registration.
Created by APICS with a team of subject matter experts, the Certified in Logistics, Transportation Distribution (CLTD)
designation covers a comprehensive body of knowledge that sets the global standard for best practices in logistics,
transportation and distribution.
The Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) program sets the standard for logistics certification.
The CLTD certification provides you with the information you need to meet today’s supply chain logistics challenges.
As a CLTD designee, you will stand out from your peers, and demonstrate a commitment to advancing both your
career and your company’s operations.
Why pursue the CLTD education and designation?
The CSCP program is for professionals in operations and supply chain management.
This designation is ideal for you if you are
- Boost your confidence with recognition as a logistics expert.
- Master the essential knowledge for logistics, transportation and
distribution professionals as defined by the new CLTD Exam Content Manual.
- Expand your outlook on the logistics field and
bring new ideas to your workplace.
- Remain current with global logistics trends and developments.
- Stand out from other candidates in a job search.
- Demonstrate your long-term commitment to the logistics,
transportation and distribution profession.
Earning the CLTD credential makes you a recognized
expert in the logistics, transportation and distribution fields. Certification
demonstrates in-depth knowledge of a broad range of topics to set you apart from
your colleagues — proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
The CLTD will make you a more valuable asset to your organization,
keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s global economy.
Who should earn a CLTD designation?
The APICS CLTD is designed for logistics, transportation and distribution professionals across all industries, especially:
- Logistics managers/engineers
- Supply chain logistics managers
- Traffic managers
- Transportation/fleet managers.
- Warehouse operations/distribution managers
- Reverse logistics managers
Click Here - for Class Dates, Times, and Pricing, or to Sign-up Online.
The CLTD body of knowledge is made up of the following Eight Modules
- Logistics and Supply Chain Overview
- Capacity Planning and Demand Management
- Order Management
- Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Global Logistics Considerations
- Logistics Network Design
- Reverse Logistics and Sustainability
The APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation
and Distribution (CLTD) designation provides a comprehensive body of knowledge,
best practices and standards for those in the logistics, transportation and
distribution industries. The APICS CLTD designation serves the needs of
both professionals and employers around the world by reducing the impact
of industry skills gaps as well as assisting employers in developing the
personnel needed to meet customer demand and impact bottom-line results.
Topics covered in the CLTD program
A sample of the topics covered in this designation include:
- Logistics strategy within the supply chain
- Lean logistics
- Materials handling
- Transportation fundamentals including:
- Carrier selection
- Global Logistics Considerations including:
- Regulatory framework
- Payment options
- Logistics network design including:
- Facilities location
- Risk Management
- Reverse Logistics
- Sustainability and logistics
Becoming a CLTD candidate
The CLTD examination is available to individuals who have relevant work
experience and education and would like to advance their careers in this growing
field by getting a broader understanding and increasing their knowledge on all
the areas that make up the supply chain. To be eligible to for the CLTD exam, a
candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
- Three (3) or more years of supply chain related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent*
- CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP, SCOR-P, CTL, CPM, CSM, CPSM certifications
*APICS defines the international equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree as the level of study that
would qualify an individual for a graduate program in the country where the undergraduate degree was earned.